5 Ways to Increase Your Confidence NOW
- Focus on Your Favorite Attribute We all have one. It can be your warm smile or your empathetic ear. Whatever it may be, everyone has their own and you need to identify yours and appreciate it as your superpower. If you are not sure what yours is, you must ask a good friend to point it out to you. Stand in your power and own your special strength.
- Write Down Three Things That Happened in Your Day That You are Grateful For The more time we spend focused on what we are grateful for instead of what we are lacking, the better we feel about ourselves and the faster our perspective in life changes for the better.
- Help Another Person Any time we extend a hand to help someone else we can feel proud of who we are. It can be as simple as holding the door for an elderly woman or helping a colleague with a project. When you do good, you feel good about you. Good comes back to you.
- Ride the Wave of Life When you hit a rough patch in your day, remind yourself that life is much like the ocean. There are times where you are riding high like a beautiful wave and times where you come crashing down. The important thing to remember is that life is a cycle just like the ocean. You will inevitably go back up again. Keep a snap of the ocean on your desk to remind you of this!
- You Have the Power to Will What You Want When you accept that you have the ability to will the life and the day that you want, you empower yourself. Empowerment will make you feel strong and confident. Put your will out to the universe and believe in what you want. Watch it come to fruition!
Heather Monahan is a life coach, workplace expert and founder of #BossinHeels a mentoring service aimed at empowering women by showing them how to use their unique strengths to achieve success in all aspects of their lives.