7 Reasons You Should Brave a Bikini
After years of designing, styling and fitting women of all ages into beautiful bathing suits, Sonia de Mello, Creative Director of So De Mel swimwear, knows a woman’s body. She believes that every woman can make a bikini work for her regardless of her age. “It’s really about embracing your body and owning what you got.”
Spend a little time around Sonia and it’s hard not to catch her contagious mind-body positivity, she feels strongly about celebrating the bodies we have and letting go of needless self-shaming. Refreshing to hear!
While finding your inner “bikini confidence” may sound like a challenge, here are Sonia’s tips for how to rock a two piece no matter your age or size.
- Embrace your body as you are. You are the only one who can control how your body looks.
- Never compare your body with anybody else’s. We are all different, and each of us has our own unique beauty.
- Find your best feature and learn how to use it wisely. We all have something. Own it.
- Learn your own personal style — what you like and what brings happiness to you.
- Adjust your attitude. How you present and portray yourself is very powerful. If you think you are beautiful, others will think so too.
- Embrace your self-esteem. Your inside power is bigger than your superficial appearance.
- Pay attention to fabric. Fabrics that mold to the skin are better than those that squeeze your skin.
So De Mel Swim is a Brazilian-inspired label offering a perfect mix of functional Brazilian fits and modern European cuts. The collection’s simple styles, accented with carefully crafted classic details, enhance the beauty of the female form.