Your interview is in less than a week. You have the perfect outfit laid out, you printed copies of your resumes on high-grade paper, rehearsed a hundred times and you’ve decided the animal you’d be is a tiger, no, wait, a lion. The point is, you’ve got all the right words and the right mindset, but do you have the right look? Interview makeup is an extremely important factor. When it comes to first impressions, we’ve got a few tips to make those impressions last, in a professional way.
- Moisturize daily prior to the big day. If you haven’t already adopted a moisturizing routine, do it. It’s what keeps your skin looking healthy, smooth and bright.
- Choose foundation and don’t go too heavy. There are diverse types of foundation — powder, liquid or tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizer is the safest and most natural way to apply foundation. Make sure the foundation matches the rest of your skin tone.
- Choose eyeliner and we advise pencil liner vs liquid. Pencil eyeliners are more professional and easier to apply. Go light and simple right on the upper lid. Avoid the bottom lids.
- Add mascara. First, remove the clumps on the spool brush. This means grabbing a towel and wiping it down, dipping it in and applying a fresh coat on your eyelashes. Apply mascara closer to the tips of your lashes. This will lengthen and maintain a natural look for your eyes.
- For finishing touches, add concealer to cover blemishes and add just a touch of blush to your cheekbones for a rosy glow and bright complexion.
- Avoid contouring and eyeshadow – just avoid it.
- LESS is MORE. Interview makeup is for you look professional and feel confident at the same time.
Now that you’ve got the tips, get to work and get the job! Good luck!
Make-up Pro is a team of professional make-up artists, an artist workshop for aspiring artists and a shop based out of New York City. Their mission is to give you that “it” you crave.