Adding Hair Where You Want It Taking into account the specific underlying reasons behind hair loss, a personalized treatment plan can be created using a combination of supplements, prescriptions and possibly in-office treatments.
- Nutrafol When triggers like stress, aging, hormones, genetics and overstyling take a toll on your hair, Nutrafol’s powerful ingredients can help. Available in formulations for men and women — gluten, wheat, shellfish, binder and filler free.
- Viviscal Viviscal Professional supplements work from within to help nourish thinning hair and promote new growth. Key ingredients amino mar and biotin have made Viviscal a mainstay in hair treatment plans.
- Restorsea Scalp Treatment Over time, our hair folicles become plugged with dirt, sebum and dead skin. Restorsea opens the follicle by clearing the debris. As a result, the follicle is able to receive nourishment, enabling the hair to complete its full growth cycle. The result? Less hair shedding and increased hair thickness and length.
- Tricomin System Suitable for all hair types, Tricomin’s shampoo, conditioner and follicle spray help restore your hair’s natural protein and mineral balance, building structure, luster and body onto thinning, damaged and otherwise challenged hair.
- Viviscal Hair Fibers Thicker looking hair in 20 seconds. The easy-to-use applicator delivers the fibers exactly where you need extra volume and coverage for thinning hair. The microscopic fibers have an electrostatic coating so they adhere to each individual hair, building the look of thickness in seconds. The fibers stay in place all day and wash our easily with shampoo.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) This is a non-surgical treatment for patients suffering from non-scarring types of hair loss. It’s a safe and natural procedure that harnesses the powerful regenerative potential of your own plasma to encourage hair growth. Even if you’ve experienced many years of hair loss, after PRP injections, your follicles “wake up” and start growing hair again, thin hair shafts will thicken and you can see and feel more hair.
Removing Hair Where You Don’t Shaving and waxing offer temporary solutions for hair removal. Laser hair removal offers a long-term solution with the most effective, safest results.
- Laser hair removal can be performed on any areas with excess hair growth — face, upper lip, neck, chest, underarms, back, abdomen, bikini lines and legs.
- For underarm hair, MiraSmooth can remove hair of any color in as little as 1-2 treatments. It also reduces underarm sweat by eliminating sweat glands.
- Patients describe the treatments as feeling like that of a rubber band snapping the skin.
- Post-procedure, patients may experience redness and swelling in the treated area, but this usually goes away within a few days.
Bay Area Cosmetic Dermatology was founded in 2000 and has grown to be one of the most trusted options for cosmetic dermatology in the region. Dr. Kathleen Welsh, Dr. Andrea Hui and their knowledgeable staff are committed to top-tier service and provide the latest products and treatments that balance innovation with reliability.