What to Wear Under There: A Lingerie Makeover in 5 Steps
Whether you’re recovering from childbirth or just resetting your groove, we need to rock our undergarments like a Victoria’s Secret runway model. Believe me, you’re worth the extra effort. Take action and proceed. I promise, your significant other will thank you and you will feel much more confident. It’s all about taking baby steps, one day at a time. Rock it!
- Hide the granny panties. I mean it, bury them in the back of your drawer. Think cut, color and fabric: a thong, a bikini or a high-cut hipster in lace, silk or satin and in a wide range of shades from black and nude and, yes, be daring, red hot red.
- Spanx are a woman’s best friend. I don’t recommend you sharing that with your hubby (he does not need to see you parading around in your “shapewear”), but they do have the uncanny ability to pack it in and flatten it out, thereby reducing your waist to the size of Scarlett O’Hara’s. G-d bless a good girdle.
- I don’t care if no one else sees it, your bra should be sexy. You know it’s under there, even if no one else does. In my opinion, lace and satin are always good choices. I would lay off the latex rubber unless kinky is your thing (more power to you!). Consider a wardrobe of at least seven different styles – one for each day of the week. Include a strapless, a sports bra, a padded push up, a bralette (great for sleeping), a convertible, a demi, and a few of the va-va-va-voom variety.
- Every woman needs a Commando Thong in True nude! No panty lines, what can be better than that! I remember after having my third baby, I could not wait to toss those hospital panties and get back into a thong. Took some time, however I did get there.
- A great tee shirt bra with lace and push-up action to make you look sexy even in the most basic tee. I love the Wacoal Embrace Lace T-Shirt Bra.
Lyss Stern is the founder of Divalysscious Moms, a New York-based marketing and event company catering to a database of millions of mothers and mompreneurs. Her most recent book, Motherhood Is a B#tch! 10 Steps to Regaining Your Sanity, Sexiness, and Inner Diva is available now.